Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want a job that’s exciting with a team that loves what they do? Then we may have just the thing...
At Doodle, we’re the kind of people who wake up every morning passionate about what we do. That’s what we’re looking for in our new Doodlers. You’ll be brimming with new ideas, driven by curiosity and don’t flinch at the thought of experimenting - even if the test fails. You’re someone who challenges the status quo and enjoys pushing yourself and others to reimagine, optimize and innovate.
Who Are We?
Doodle is the world’s leading scheduling platform, helping millions of people instantly set meetings with clients, colleagues and teams. Tapping into the unique nature of smart scheduling with AI, Doodle simplifies the planning of 1:1 and group meetings for busy professionals. As the world's most trusted online scheduling platform, Doodle attracts more than 25 million monthly active users.
Now’s your chance to join 100+ ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Be a part of a global team headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, Belgrade and Berlin.
Who we're looking for:
Doodle is looking for an experienced (Senior) Frontend Engineer who will help develop well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high-quality software solutions and platforms in line with business needs and strategy and per the project plan and specifications, IT standards andGoogle Web Dev (https://developers.google.com/web) standards.
Ideally, you have:
- Strong knowledge of Web Performance Optimization, including but not limited to Google Core Web Vitals.
- Good understanding of API integration.
- A mobile-first mentality
- Good knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience in Hydration and Server-side Rendering
- Strong conceptual understanding of technical tools, digital marketing, and how back-end technology translates to a front-end environment and an optimal end-user experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly with non-technical team members.
- Experience in Contentful is a big plus (https://www.contentful.com/developers/docs/)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager’s datalayer objects
- Understanding browser events - loading sequence
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture and design systems
- A data-driven and agile mindset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
What the role involves:
- Implementing UI designs in HTML/CSS/JS based on design mockups provided by designer.
- Setting up and monitoring A/B test deployments, and implementing bug fixes when needed.
- Supporting with optimization of web performance with a keen focus on site speed and mobile user experience.
- Understanding stakeholder needs, translating requirements and designs into fully functioning experiences using HTML/CSS/JS.
- Ensuring all assets published on the site are optimized for page load time.
- Collaborating with different departments to meet technical needs and increase efficiencies across the company.
- Contributing to documentation for current and future processes.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Supporting with the implementation of third-party solutions & apps as needed.
- Supporting with QA.
- Troubleshooting bugs as needed.
- A desire for education and growth with the latest development techniques and best practices.
- Deploying applications to test as well as production environments, ensuring high-quality software deliveries
- Working closely with designers, backend engineers, DevOps engineers, PMs and other cross-functional teams.
What’s Awesome About Working at Doodle?
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary.
- We’re a team that cares about each other. We think we work best when we work together, so you’ll always feel included.
- Diversity is what makes us successful. We all have different strengths and push each other to try new things, innovate and deliver impactful results for the business.
- Your personal development matters and we mean it. Every Doodler gets a yearly budget to use for anything that promotes your continuous learning (be it an industry conference, language classes, leadership training, or anything else).
- Your well-being matters to us. Access thousands of beneficial meditation tools with your free Headspace account.
- Get together with the entire team of Doodlers (from all offices) to connect, bond, play games and unwind at the annual international retreat.
- Travel to and spend time with other Doodlers in some of our lovely offices worldwide.
- Take advantage of our remote friendly policy.
- Enjoy complimentary Doodle Premium memberships for you, your friends and your family.
- Free snacks and fruit in all our office locations.
- Applicant initial validation
- Cultural Fit Interview
- Coding Challenge
- Meet the team
- BRYQ assessment